1. By bidding in Rock Creek Forest Elementary School’s PTA (RCF PTA) online, silent, buy-it –now and live auctions, each bidder agrees to these auction rules.
2. All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. All items are “as is.” RCF PTA has attempted to describe and catalog items correctly, but neither warrants nor represents the accuracy of the description and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made online, in this catalog, or made orally at the auction or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
3. Bids made by mobile device, voice, hand signal or computer—constitutes a legal promise to buy. The highest bid at the close for that item is the winning bid.
4. Only currently enrolled RCF students may participate in experiences donated by RCF staff.
5. The auction item value listed is an estimate of fair market value. Items have not been appraised unless so noted. The amount you pay above this fair market value estimate is normally tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax adviser to clarify amount of deduction.
6. Prize winners are responsible for coordinating the redemption of their prizes. When redeeming prizes, winners are advised to consider the need to plan in advance, particularly when prizes are “based upon availability”, “mutually agreed date” or if you want to redeem during popular times.
7. Restaurant certificates do not include alcohol, tax, or gratuities unless specified.
8. All certificates will expire on March 10, 2019 unless otherwise specified.
9. Closing times for auctions items stated on the website and in the Auction catalog are subject to change at the discretion of event staff.
10. Bidders must pre-register their credit card, and will be charged for the items they win. MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express are accepted. Please allow 30 minutes after the silent auction bidding has closed before reporting to checkout.
11. For items won at the auction event, you may pick up your purchases in the checkout area.
12. Unless otherwise noted, all items must be picked up by the winner at the March 10th event, on March 16th, at RCF, at pick up time (3:30), or on a mutually agreed date prior to April 5th at a residential location near the school. Email email@example.com for more information. No items may be picked up prior to March 10th, 2018. Any prizes not claimed after April 6th may be forfeited without refund to the winner and RCF PTA may resell, donate or otherwise dispose of the item at its discretion.
13. In certain instances, and only when indicated in the package description or restriction, a prize may be mailed to the winner by US Mail. RCF PTA not responsible for lost or misdirected mail.
14. RCF PTA reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
15. Bids placed online or in person may not be retracted or cancelled, even when made in error by bidder or electronic device. You may not return your item or receive a refund for amounts bid.
16. If there is a dispute over the winner of an item, RCF PTA will declare the winner and bidders agree this decision will be final.
17. Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising indirectly from RCF PTA, their elected and appointed officials, members and employees, the auctioneer(s), the auction company and its agents and employees, the event organizers, sponsors, and/or volunteers connected with the auction.
Mobile and Live Auction on March 10, 2018, 6:30-11pm
Food, Open Bar and Entertainment included in ticket price.
Silver Spring Civic Center
1 Veterans Pl, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Additional Information: Contact Us
The Suarez Family
Swag Bag Sponsor
Attorney Thomas G Magalski
Alfred R. Bozzo, Jr., CFP ®